One of the most popular dog breeds in America is definitely Shih Tzu. This little dog, with its lovely long hair and happy nature, attracts many people’s attention when walking through the street. Today we will say a few words about this breed and try to find out what Shih Tzu likes to do.
The Shih Tzu is a toy dog breed of Chinese origin, which was bred specifically for the court life of ancient China’s emperors. A similar type of dog breed known as “lion dogs” was popular in Tibet, Thailand, and Nepal before being introduced to Europe through India. The name “Shih Tzu” comes from the Chinese language and means “lion dog”.
There are various types of Shih Tzu dogs, depending on their appearance. Some of them have long coats, some are covered with black or white fur, but they all belong to one breed which has its own standard.
Here we are going to list out the top 10 things that Shih Tzu loves to do, so you can better know your furry friend and learn to spend more time with it, while it is sure to feel its owner’s warmth.
1. Shih Tzu loves human company. It can’t live without being around people, having fun, and playing games. It doesn’t really matter what you are doing together – reading a book or watching TV – as long as you are all together.
2. Shih Tzu is very good with children. In fact, it can be a great friend for your kids! And remember to take it at face value when the dog gets jealous of your baby – after all, it’s just an animal and it doesn’t understand that you need to spend more time with the youngest member of the family. This is why it can be recommended to children older than five or six years old, so they know how the animal’s character works.
3. Shih Tzu likes training. It can understand instructions really quickly and also has a good memory. Training it to do some tricks is great fun for both you and your furry friend!
4. Shih Tzu likes playing with toys. And we don’t mean just playing with them – it enjoys carrying them around and putting them wherever it wants.
5. Shih Tzu likes to eat! It is not a picky eater and would rather be fed regularly than once in a while. But you should remember that this dog breed has a short muzzle, which means eating large pieces of food will be a problem for it.
6. Shih Tzu loves to sleep, which means your home must have a cozy and warm place where the dog can rest its little head. It’s going to spend many hours every day sleeping, so make sure you provide it with a huge dog bed or a pillow, whichever you think is more comfortable.
7. Shih Tzu loves to travel. You can take it on short walks or on longer trips – the choice is yours! And don’t forget that it will be great for you too, as it doesn’t mind sitting in a car for many hours.
8. Shih Tzu is very energetic and loves to run, walk around the park, or play games outside with you. It needs physical activity every day! Make sure it gets what it wants so that your pet can stay healthy for longer!
9. You guessed right – Shih Tzu loves to play games. It can be a tug-of-war, hide and seek, or just simply touching and patting. The dog will feel great if you spend your time playing with it and it is going to love you even more than it already does!
10. This breed loves companionship. Shih Tzu would never let you go alone – it will always stay by your side and make sure you are in a safe place. It loves being a part of a family, so don’t be afraid to have one!
We hope this has been useful information about Shih Tzu dogs for you. So if you have just got yourself the perfect furry friend, remember to take it out for walks regularly, play with it every day, and feed it properly. And maybe you will know how to spend time with Shih Tzu after reading this article!